Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe/March Of The Penguins cartoon

Between Emperors
Click cartoon for larger image. Even larger image.


Thanks to Jean at Catholic Fire, who's posted a slightly earlier version of this cartoon.

As usual I've waylaid everything I was working on to attack a nagging notion I had a few weeks ago. My apologies to those waiting on various promised toons.
If you follow faithmouse you may have noticed that it includes both inked cartoons and pencil drawn illustrations, with both techniques incorporated now and then in a single image. I don't think I've ever posted a completely pencil drawn cartoon before. Besides the additions of gradients and snowflakes added in Photoshop, the characters seen above are just the pencil sketches I erase after inking, only a bit more developed. Can't say I won't repeat the experiment. It's a chore crafting an ink line to recapture the variation naturally created from pencil pressure or speed. Usually when I sketch I do so with emotion or exhaustion. Drawing is similar to eating when hungry, only the paper is the mouth and your pencil the fork. Inking (at least the way I've done it) is simply the process of trying not to completely drain the life out of what you've already drawn.
I think I'll toss out all of my inking markers. Pencils are cheaper!
Thanks to Amy Ridenour for adding faithmouse to her personal blogroll. Mrs. Ridenour is the President and Chairman of The National Center for Public Policy Research. I'm encouraged by the thoughtful women who have taken to the cartoon, many of whom represent the conservative side of various television news debates. Charmaine Yoest recently appeared opposite the very sad and lost Heidi Fleiss on a segment about legalized prostitution on Rita Crosby's Live and Direct on MSNBC. Lori Byrd of Polipundit represented the blogging community recently on CNN's On The Story. Stacy Harp of Mind and Media and Writing Right spoke at the first GodBlogCon; I imagine it won't be long before she's speaking before a television camera if she hasn't done so already. It's hard to keep up on the recent adventures of these very influential bloggers and others whom I'm sure I've overlooked in this post. I wonder; how do they find the time to drop in on an obscure and failed cartoon? Anyway, I'm flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment