Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hennepin Methodist Church Protest Service Cartoon, In Progress


Minnesota Loon and Gaybear. Detail from cartoon in progress.
Church Apologizes for Anti-Gay Rulings - Yahoo News

One of a few cartoons I'm slowly picking at. As you can see I still need to add beads to Gaybear's rosary. In the background is the Basilica of St. Mary in downtown Minneapolis, which isn't too far away from Hennepin Avenue Methodist.
During the past week I've added comments and trackbacks to the site via Haloscan, which means that those comment boxes at the end of every post are now operational. Please feel free to vent, praise, or correct my diction. I'm a pretty tolerant fellow, so saying you dislike both me and my shoes is acceptable.
The Joshua Heldreth toon from a few days ago appeared today in three Yahoo forums, Expose The Democrats, Conservative Chat and Republican Humor. Somehow I missed this post by Salvage at Hairy Fish Nuts on one of two versions of the Darfur Halloween toon. Thanks, Salvage! Thanks also to powerful spiritual imageress El for adding faithmouse as one of her 'blogs to check out'.

Inspirations

My traffic for last Monday was almost double and came from all over the country, and not from any link. I suspect this was a radio mention somewhere; perhaps from Janet Parshall, who uses a mug featuring my Neverborn mug in her Washington studio during her broadcasts. If anone is aware of a specific radio mention, I would appreciate the lowdown. It's always nice to be able to say 'thanks'.

No comments:

Post a Comment