Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How Great Thou Art!

This cartoon was inspired by the report last last night that the thirteen missing West Virginia miners had been discovered alive, and that family members waiting at Sabo Baptist had spontaneously burst into a rendition of 'How Great Thou Art' at the good news. I felt uneasy though while drawing the cartoon: a few hours later I learned why. I decided not to ditch the image but to change the tone and re-present it.

I imagine some may think the image inappropriate. It's meant to reflect both the heartbreak and the faith of those who even in their darkest hour declare resolutely that, no matter the depth of their personal tragedy, God remains great.

Thanks to the dapper Jack Yoest who posted the Blogs4Life promo cartoon from a few days ago, as well as Elizabeth at Daily Inklings and Peter at March Together. There may be others, but as I invited people to simply copy and post I can't backtrack the referrers. If you've done the same please let me know and I'll happily give you a hat tip in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment