Friday, December 01, 2006

Angelbabies 4 Lyfe

wanabe gansta 4 lyfe gangster cartoon
Click above to view larger image. Largest.
Revised.

Part of what I like to do with faithmouse is to take it into places a Catholic, pro-life cartoon wouldn't be expected to go. If you look at the links on my sidebar, you can see I've been somewhat successful at that.

The earlier Neverborn/Bad Ass For Life toon showed up on a number of very non-Christian sites, posted, not because the posters thought the cartoon was worthy of being mocked, but because they liked it. For faithmouse, that's acceptance worth pursuing. When Jen*Star posted the Bad Ass toon on a MySpace blog with the comment that she was really looking for a 'wanabe ganster 4 lyfe' toon, I took that as a cue. I decided to take the theme a little farther with the previous version of the above cartoon, in which the characters struck a somewhat familiar Hip-Hop like pose. The cartoon looked sexual, but it really wasn't (obviously they're just angel-babies) a twist which I thought might be considered charming to my side of the aisle but authentic to the other. The nature of many of my images is that they can be enjoyed for various reasons by those who would normally never even consider a religious based cartoon, but without my actually giving up any moral or theological ground.

However, too many of my regular fans found the previous version too racy, so I've bowed to them and revised the image (which I'll also re-color it in the near future). Bare-butted cherubs are a constant in Catholic art through the ages, but I suppose I must have made that one cute girl-angel a little too bootilicious. I try to think through my images and anticipated reactions thoroughly before posting, but I can make mistakes, especially when I have this many projects on the table. For those who were offended, I most sincerely apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment