Thursday, September 13, 2012

4 New Male Nude Art Paintings

Four new male nudes, painted with an intentionally limited color palette which included a few metallics but no black. The darker areas are from mixing blue with copper and also some red, and then repainting over that mixture when the paint is dryer to create darker tones.  As with all of my male nudes, I am the model.  The side view painting below is from a photo which I originally posted to my Flickr nude artwork gallery and which Buzzfeed then included in an article regarding my Obama paintings a few months later-

  male nude paintings

Painting 1
Painting 2
Painting 3
Painting 4

What I think is the best painting from the last group of 4 nudes is still sitting there on Ebay, I suppose because the pose is strong.  But, I do think it's one of my best paintings this year-

Painting 5

No comments:

Post a Comment